Friday, July 26, 2013

My "Longaberger" Basket Make-Over


   Im SUPER excited about this one!! So, as my tastes seem to be changing all around lately, this one was a perfect fit I thought! I have these Longaberger baskets... Ive had them for several years & Ive recently tried to sell them with no luck... No ebay, no craigslist, no facebook "garage sale" group,etc.. You get the idea. And I love my Longaberger baskets-so I didnt want to just give them away, They just didnt match my decor anymore. So here's what I did...
P.S... My moms going to kill me for this! 
Here's my original basket...
Its cute right!?! Its my favorite :) I love the little leather strap! This is the after...
Im sure the Longaberger collectors out there are freaking out right now... Yep- I spray painted my Longaberger basket. And Im sorry but this really is a terrible picture of it... It looks better in real life. Its actually gray, but in the picture it looks blue. Here's what I used... 
Found it at Michaels in the clearance section...Its actually spray stain- not spray paint... I sprayed it on...
Let it sit for a few... Then took a rag & just blotted it off... Pretty simple!
Waited for it to dry & here's the current situation of it...I know Ive probably ruined a "collectable" that could've been worth money someday...but for now- it suits my needs much better :) 
Here's a closer up...

I havent decided if Ill put a liner or something draping out of it... Right now its a remote holder :) Let me know what ya think! Enjoy! 
 
Im sharing this on....




5 comments:

  1. So excited to see you bloggin!! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie!! I miss you!! I think Ive finally figured out how to reply... We'll see! Thanks for checking this out :) Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love this! Never thought of staining them a different color! It turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! I've been looking for ways to refresh my baskets, think I'll give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete