Monday, November 17, 2014

My Favorite Room

  

     I am so excited to share this    
       with y'all today! This is my          
   absolute most favorite favorite   
           part of the house! 
            This room took 
     me weeks & I mean (I never   
    thought it would end) weeks!! 

     And technically I'm still not    
   done because I still need to do   
    the staircase- but that doesnt   
           count right now ;) 

         So... Remember this... 
              The oak was     
         never ending. Crown   
   moulding, trim, cabinets, blinds, 
        doors, floor, fireplace,  
   staircase, etc etc- and where 
       would it end?!? This was   
      going to be a huge project! 

     When we looked at the house  
  my immediate plans were to paint   
        the panels & stain the   
    fireplace darker to make it pop. 
(Sorry about the light... These were the pictures taken when we came to look at the house.)
     Then after we got in here I debated... Was I ready to take on       
             this project?!? 

Well I'm glad I did... 

It was such a mess along the way...
But SO worth it in the end!! 
     This entire room was all done with paint including the fireplace     
      surround. I have had a few people ask me if we tore out the 
      old tile... Nope! Just some good ol' paint! 

 Its amazing how a little paint can make such a huge difference!

Before... 
After... 


     I'll break it up in more detail   
  about how I did everything along    
    the way, but for now... I had to 
   share the finished product :) 

    Thanks as always for looking!!
                Kelly :)




     

1 comment:

  1. What kind of stain did you use for your fireplace? Im debating on painting vs stain on my window trim. I am going to paint my kitchen cabinets if I can find the right color!

    ReplyDelete