Monday, September 1, 2014

Work In Progress

  I wanted to share my kitchen progress so far. Im SO excited to get it all put back together (which will be very soon!) It already feels like somebody came in & turned on the lights- its so much brighter in my kitchen now & once I get the doors put back on it will brighten the room up even more. 


All the cabinets are primed & painted... 
Ive got cabinets everywhere!! Im glad I have alot of room in this family room because its been so humid out in the garage my paint would never dry! 
Such a mess! 
Remember the oak door... 
Here it is waiting to dry... 

I decided Im going to leave off the cabinet doors above the kitchen sink to open it up a bit... 
I think it'll be a cute cubby to decorate :) 

So now I've got some "practice" doors to play with... 
 I was trying to decide how much distressing/glazing I wanted- the one on the left is just painted, the one on the right I love, but I'm thinking its a little too much for my house. So I decided to go with this look... 
I had a hard time with the glazing- I didnt want my pretty freshly painted cabinets to look dirty. 
And last the hardware... 
After scrubbing them all in hot soapy water I lined them all up including the handle & hinges from the door. 
Then sprayed them down with oil rubbed bronze spray paint. This sprayer is my favorite to work with- its so easy & Ive never had problems with drips or it not spraying out evenly... It works like a charm :) 
I will spray them down here in a bit with a matte top coat for protection & they will be done! Super quick & easy project & it saved me a TON of money not buying all new hardware! 
More pics to follow! Thanks as always for looking! 

Kelly :)


No comments:

Post a Comment